Thursday, October 1, 2009
I'M IN LOVE by jasmine schoch
1. There is no remedy for love, but to love more.
Henry David Thoreau, The Journal of Henry D. Thoreau, Volumes I–VII (1837–1855)
2. A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.
Mignon Mclaughlin, Atlantic (July 1965)
3. There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.
Martin Luther, Table Talk
4. He is husband, she is wife.
She fears not him, they fear not life.
Robert Frost, “On the Heart’s Beginning to Cloud the Mind”
5. When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
Billy Crystal as Harry in When Harry Met Sally
6. When you give each other everything, it becomes an even trade. Each wins all.
Lois McMaster Bujold, A Civil Campaign
7. One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.
Sophocles, Oedipus at Colonus