Monday, July 13, 2009
GIRLY MONDAYS by jasmine schoch
Some Basic Eye Do's and Don'ts for Brides to be:
* Think seriously about hiring a makeup artist; everyday makeup is different from your wedding day needs.
* Take time to try a few different makeup artists and choose one who understands your personal tastes.
* Use eye drops if your eyes look red or tired on the day of (but stick with a brand you've used before to avoid unwelcome surprises).
* Get as much sleep as possible the night before the big day.
* Apply concealer to banish dark circles under your eyes.
* Use matte eye shadows (they won't reflect light or look too shiny).
* Use an off-white matte shadow along your brow bone if you have light skin, or peach if you have dark skin, to illuminate your eyes even more.
* Blend well, especially at the corners of your eyes, since cameras pick up visible makeup lines.
* Define your brows with a pencil or powder that matches your hair color.
* Wear at least two layers of mascara.
* Use an eyelash curler before and after applying your first coat of mascara.
* Prevent makeup meltdowns by using a smudge-proof or waterproof mascara. (If you really don't like its look or feel, use one coat of regular mascara overlaid with a light coat of waterproof mascara.)
* Buy a new mascara for your wedding day, but test it a few days before the wedding if it's a new brand.
* Wear too much eye makeup: You'll look like a drag queen.
* Change your eye color with colored lenses (unless you always wear them).
* Try to be too trendy (that glitzy silver shadow may look silly ten years from now).
* Use an under-eye concealer that's too light for your skin tone (you'll look like a deer caught in headlights).
* Experiment with eye products you haven't tried before.
* Wear dark shadows like charcoal or dark brown (you'll look like you've been punched).
* Wear frosted, shiny, sparkly shadow (It creases easily and will reflect camera flashes).
* Forget about your eyebrows.
* Tweeze your brows at the last minute on your wedding morning.
* Wear false eyelashes if they're not 100% comfortable and you're not 200% confident they won't fall off.